As some of you may know, I was in The Big Apple for a few days earlier this month. I think I was unbelievably restrained on the shopping front - I actually still can't get over myself - obviously getting sickeningly sensible. Anyway, one of my favourite things to Google/search YouTube and blogs for every so often is 'New York Haul', so I thought I'd add my own to the mix. So I present, such as it is, my New York 'Haul' :)
- 1. I bought five nail polishes. Five! You're getting an idea of the restraint and sensible-ness. From left to right we have Chanel Graphite, OPI Fresh Frog of Bel Air and Rainbow Connection (swatches here), Orly Oh Cabana Boy (I have a mini size of this and it is an amazing colour - NOTD here) and Revlon Starry Pink. I searched every single drugstore I went into - about 94 of them - for Revlon Carbonite which is supposed to be a decent dupe of Chanel Graphite but it was no where to be found, so just had to put myself out of my misery and get the real thing.
- 2. This is the extent of my Sephora purchases. I know! Duo Lash Adhesive, Urban Decay Primer Potion and Tarte's Amazonian Clay Long-Wear Blush (love this - the blusher is the colour of the compact).
- 3. During my extensive perusal of the drugstores, I came across these two toothpastes - Colgate Optic White and Crest 3D White which claim to have the same whitening ingredients as their whitening strips. In Ricky's I found Mane and Tail Shampoo, the horse shampoo which is supposed to be amazing for us humans too. Mags tells me that Jennifer Aniston uses it, so that's good enough for me. I also picked up an NYC Cosmetics Blushable Cream Stick in 'Plaza Pink'. I love this and happily, these are now available in Ireland too, at NYC stands in chemists and Penneys.
- 4. In Kiehl's I picked up some Ultra Facial Cleanser and Moisturiser - basics, but both amazing products.
- 5. You can't go to America without coming home with new t-shirts and here's my little haul from American Eagle and Victoria's Secret, along with my VS water bottle which I <3, even if it is quite hard to drink out of cause it's not squeezy (cue me tipping half a bottle of water down my top).
- 6. I also find that I can't go to America without coming home with a new pair of Uggs! They're so unbelievably expensive here that I just wouldn't buy them so it makes sense to get them over there. These are my new babies - classic shorts in navy. I did originally want these ones, Sundance IIs but they just didn't suit me.
When we got home, my friend sent me the link to this picture. Lucky escape is all I can say. But I love Uggs and live in them for half the winter - no apologies!
- 7. These sparkly Converse were $20 in the Converse outlet in Woodbury Common - couldn't pass them up. By the way, I was SO disappointed in the CCO in Woodbury Common - I had planned on getting loads there but their stock was rubbish and what they did have seemed like it had been there for years. Bah to that - the Belfast one is much better.
- 8. A new bag was on my shopping list, I wanted something decent but not too $$$ and this pewter number from Coach (Woodbury Common outlet) fit the bill perfectly. The colour goes with everything and it's big enough to hold all the
crapessentials I lug around all day.
- 9. Perhaps my favourite thing I bought is this Michelle Obama shopping bag. Totally kitsch but in a good way!
- 10. Then, to reward myself for not spending too much money, I went and spent money in Tiffany, on this :-)